Award-winning author Jessica Coulter Smith has been in love with the written word since she was a child. Her first stories may have been written in crayon, but now she's a multi-published author of over seventy-five novellas and novels. Romance is an integral part of her world and spills over from her professional life into her personal one. When she went out on that first date with her husband, she never expected to hear the words "marry me" pop out of his mouth -- and judging by the shocked look on his face, he hadn't meant to say them either. But, being the hopeless romantic that she is, Jessica said yes and they've been married since 2000.
Jessica also writes under a few pen names. She writes Young Adult and mainstream New Adult romances under the name Charity West. Hotter than hot New Adult romances under the name Harley Wylde. And a hodge podge of Cowboy Romance, Men-in-Uniform Romance, and BDSM Romance under the name Paige Warren.
1. In the fall, I can't help but order a pumpkin spice white mocha from Starbucks, especially if I'm trying to write a scene that isn't speaking to me.
2. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love the yard decorations and costumes (not to mention the candy corn!).
3. I do most of my writing between 8am and 2pm, and again from 9pm to 11pm during the week. Weekends, if I'm lucky, the kids will play outside and I can write to my heart's content.
4. I've lived in five different states (Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia, California, and Texas).
5. The farthest I've ever been from home was a trip to Freeport, Bahamas when I was in my teens. We visited Key West during that same trip and the captain of the sunset cruise tried to give me a glass of wine because he thought I was older.
6. I've loved horses since I was a toddler and have owned several over the years. I'm currently horse-less, but that's okay. My schedule probably wouldn't allow me time to go the barn anyway.
7. I have eclectic reading taste (much like my writing). All romances, but I enjoy historical, cowboys, paranormal, science fiction, some suspense, and fantasy. I've even been known to read Young Adult stories.
9. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and horror movies. My two favorite movies are Overboard and Rose Red.
8. While some of my novellas have been "boxed" and some of my stories are no longer available, since 2008 I have published over 85 novellas/novels (not including the free reads).
10. I hate to cook. If the coffee didn't live in the kitchen, I'd never step foot in there. I don't like baking either. Anything involving the oven makes me wrinkle my nose in distaste. If you see me post a recipe on Facebook, it's in hopes my husband or daughter will be inspired to make it.