Award-winning author Jessica Coulter Smith has been in love with the written word since she was a child, writing her first stories in crayon. If Jessica isn't writing, then she's probably reading. She enjoys romances as well as the occasional mystery or general fiction book. Romance is an integral part of her world and she firmly believes that love will find you at the right time, even if Mr. Right is literally out of this world.
Follow her blog, Books + Coffee = Happiness, to discover new authors and books! If you're a romance author and would like to submit a guest blog, you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails from readers are also welcome at any time!
Jessica also writes under a few pen names. She writes Young Adult and mainstream New Adult romances under the name Charity West. Hotter than hot New Adult romances under the name Harley Wylde. Gay Romance as Dulce Dennison.
Awards with a panel of judges:
Darrell Award for Best Scifi Novella (Brielle and the Alien Geek)
Awards based off voting:
Honorable Mention for Best Scifi Series (Intergalactic Brides) with LR Cafe 2017
Evernight Reader's Choice Award 2017 (Rising from the Ashes - as Charity West)
Evernight Reader's Choice Award 2016, Runner Up (The Boyfriend Deal - as Charity West)
Evernight Reader's Choice Award 2015, Runner Up (SEALed with a Kiss series)
Evernight Reader's Choice Award 2015 (SEALed Embrace)
LR Cafe 2015 Best Scifi, Honorable Mention (Brielle and the Alien Geek)
1. In the fall, I can't help but order a pumpkin spice white mocha from Starbucks, especially if I'm trying to write a scene that isn't speaking to me.
2. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love the yard decorations and costumes (not to mention the candy corn!).
3. I do most of my writing between 7am and 11am, and focus on other writing related tasks (like marketing and research) between lunch and 2pm.
4. I've lived in five different states (Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia, California, and Texas).
5. The farthest I've ever been from home was a trip to Freeport, Bahamas when I was in my teens. We visited Key West during that same trip and the captain of the sunset cruise tried to give me a glass of wine because he thought I was older.
6. I've loved horses since I was a toddler and have owned several over the years. I'm currently horse-less, but that's okay. My schedule probably wouldn't allow me time to go the barn anyway.
7. I have eclectic reading taste (much like my writing). All romances, but I enjoy historical, cowboys, paranormal, science fiction, some suspense, and fantasy. I've even been known to read Young Adult stories.
8. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and horror movies. My two favorite movies are Overboard and Rose Red.
9. I have a first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
10. I hate to cook. If the coffee didn't live in the kitchen, I'd never step foot in there. I don't like baking either. Anything involving the oven makes me wrinkle my nose in distaste. If you see me post a recipe on Facebook, it's in hopes my husband or daughter will be inspired to make it.